Another step forward from the Department of Computer Engineering, USJ
The Computer Engineering Society (CENSOC) of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura is the latest addition to the student body of the Department of Computer Engineering. With the immense dedication and commitment of the lecturers and students of the Department, this society was launched on the 2nd of May 2022, which would definitely contribute to marking the significance of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura in society.
Objectives of CENSOC
The objectives of the society are as follows:
- Promote professional interest in regard to Computer Engineering among members.
- Establish closer interaction among members to share, exchange and discuss issues relating to the scientific, technological and societal developments as applicable to Computer Engineering in its widest context.
- Raise and mobilize resources for the development of Computer Engineering, especially at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
- Create a better awareness among the general public of the role of Computer Engineering.
- Explore and provide opportunities to fulfill its social responsibility to the community it serves especially in terms of the contributions on professional advice and participatory social projects.
- Identify the inherent capabilities of students and promote their leadership skills and professionalism.
- Enhance the image of the Department of Computer Engineering at University of Sri Jayewardenepura, among the Society at large, and to assist in continually improving the quality of the course in Computer Engineering.
- Establishing healthy coordination between the faculty Alumni and the Industry and the Society to get the maximum advantage for the students.
- Promote, explore, and assist in the development of new career opportunities for Computer Engineering graduates.
- Assist students having particular needs to successfully complete their studies in Computer Engineering
Membership of CENSOC
The membership of the Society and eligibility for membership shall be as follows:
- The student category of the membership is open to all Undergraduates and Postgraduate Students in the Department of Computer Engineering whose student registration at the university remains valid.
- The staff category of the membership is open to all members of academic staff, academic support staff, and technical staff of the department.
- The affiliate category of the membership is open to all graduates of the department.